Saturday 30 August 2008

Idiot of the Year. Duh!


This was going to be a post about my niggling calf muscles which seem to start playing up after an hour's running but that's been overshadowed by a much more important (and embarassing) discovery:

I'm not entered in this year's Jungfrau Marathon!

I've spent the afternoon looking for my entry details. I've been on the provisional starting list for months (and have just discovered the definitive list only on the German part of the website!). I have a dim and distant memory of having tried to pay my entry fee using the credit card payment facility on the JM website only for it not to work. I seem to remember emailing them about it as well (I'll have to check it out). [Update: I have checked and found that I did email them but didn't receive a reply.]

Anyway, net result is that I'm not in it. This is tempered only slightly by my niggly calf muscles which I reckoned probably wouldn't last the distance but it would have been nice to find out.

So, with my flights and hotel booked I'll be having a weekend in Lauterbrunnen.

What an idiot :o(

2 comments:

Umberto said...

Oh man I am so sorry! I just sold my two tickets for the race!!!! Having known that sooner!

Well you will have a wonderful weekend in a wonderful Switzerland! Eat some cheese fondue!

Mick said...

Hi Umberto,

Such is life. I might try the Startplatzborze on the JM website.

If I don't get a place I'm going get a train to Grindlewald then run along a path that goes under the Eigerwand to Kleine Scheidegge then down to Lauterbrunnen.

See you in 2009?

Mick