Tuesday 11 September 2007

A Letter to my Sponsors

Dear Sponsors,

Just a quick note to say thank you again for your tremendous support and sponsorship. It really helped me to put in the necessary training that made the run on the day a possibility and a wonderful experience. Your job was done as I stood on the start line. I was in the right mental and physical state to tackle this amazing run. I'd learnt a hell of a lot in my training. How to handle injuries, what to eat and drink and even what not to eat.

Throughout the last few months I have been very conscious that you didn't have to give anything but have been repeatedly amazed by your generosity. It clearly touched a nerve with some of you who have your own similar personal experiences.

Together you have donated a significant sum of money that will no doubt make a real difference to the lives of brain tumour sufferers and their families either through research or directly in terms of support. Even the smallest token of support or understanding can make all the difference to a family under the death sentence that this condition often brings.

Thank you for helping me to make a difference.

Yours humbly,

Mick


P.S. Some of you will be relieved to know that at no stage in this run did I partake in the use of lycra.

No comments: