Monday 13 October 2008

All systems are go!


Well I survived the Ridgeway Run, or rather my calf muscles did. It was this run last year in which I tore a calf muscle that then put me out of the OMM. This year I wore the compression sock that I picked up in Switzerland. They seemed to do the trick (but how much was placebo?).

Once again I was Mr Consistency with a time one second different to my time in 2003. However it felt different this time. For once I wasn't passed by herds of runners on the uphill bits. I also had a ding-dong battle with the woman in the photo. We must have passed each other seven or eight times. As we approached the end, one marshall said "You're fourth lady" (not to me I might add), fifty yards on the next marshall said the same then fifty yards on again another said "You're first lady". Not sure how that happened. Anyway she passed me again and I thought I'd let her go then I thought sod it and took off for a sprint finish showing her a clean pair of heels.

All in all I had a really enjoyable run and a cracking day weatherwise

No comments: