Monday 30 January 2012

Blog Convergence

Well, it's finally happened.  I've done my first running painting.  That represents a convergence of my two blogs, this one and SlappingOilOnCanvas.  I painted this recently as a present for my mate and mountain marathon (KIMM/OMM, Saunders etc) partner Dave on his 50th birthday.

.
This painting had an immovable deadline so that gave me the motivation to get my finger out and do it at last.  (I nearly started it a year ago getting Dave's birth year a year early).  I have an ambition to become a regular painter of mountain scenery, ideally with a race going on and this was my first attempt.  Unfortunately there's are any mountains in view but I'm very pleased with the result.  The race Dave was taking part in was the Really Wild Boar race up in the Pennines near Sedbergh.

2 comments:

Nick said...

That's a nice painting, Mick. He must have been well pleased with that.

Will Meredith said...

Yes well done Mick. A great painting - captures the movement really well.